Andrew Budge began coaching endurance sport athletes in the early 1990s and founded Trysport Strength and Conditioning in 1992. He has helped numerous ultra-endurance athletes achieve first-time finishes, and has coached several national champions, multiple world champions, and Paralympians.
His most cherished coaching moment was watching his wife Terri finish her first Ironman World Championships in Kona (1999) and Terri finishing Hawaii (2005) with all 4 of their children.
Coaching Mark le Flohic to a Road Race Gold Medal at the 2004 Athens Paralympics.
What Andrew loves about coaching is all of the interesting and inspiring clients that he has met, as a result of his job. Particularly those that may have lost some ability and focus on what they can do, not what they have lost. Helping athletes to get the best out of their performances and being part of their life journey to their great achievements.
- Accredited Triathlon Coach Level 2
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Level 1
- Cycling Australia Accredited Coach Level 2
- Assistant Coach Australian Paralympic Cycling Team (1999 – 2007)
- National Handcycling Coach ( 2002 -2007)
- Manager/Coach Team Mastercard (Professional Handcycling Team)
- Owner/Operator Trysport Gym (established 1993)
- I have Coached over 850 Ironman finishers
- Coached over 100 athletes to qualify to Hawaii (Ironman Triathlon World Championships)
- 8 Podium finishers(Age Group) at Hawaii (World Championships)
- 4 Top Ten Professional Ironman placings
- Several Ironman qualifier podium results
- Written several articles for Triathlon on the TWA and Trysport websites
- Provided Coaching/Training content for Handcycling Australia Website
- Show More
- I have presented at three TWA Coaching courses.
- I have presented at two Level 1 Coaching Courses.
- I delivered the Coaching Presentation to National and International Handcyclists at the 2006 + 2007 Wild West HC Tours.
- Coach to 2 times Paralympic Gold Medallist – Mark Le Flohic and several other Paralympic Medalists, World Champions, European Champions and World Record Holders in Cycling.
- Nominated for the 2002 ANZ Sports Star of the Year Awards – Coach of the Year - Triathlon
- 2004 Wheelchair Sports Western Australia – Coach of the Year
- 2005 Wheelchair Sports Coach of the Year
- 2005 Western Australian Disabled Sports Association – Coach of the Year
- 2006 Finalist Western Australian Disabled Sports - Coach of the Year
- Coach to several category winners in the Avon Descent ( 130km White Water Marathon)
- Coach to State Sprint Kayak and Marathon Champion.
- Coach to over 150 Marathon finishers (1 x 1st place, 2 x 2nd position Perth marathon)
- Conditioning and Strength Coach to Swan Districts Football Club 1993-1999. Current Strength Coach – Swan Districts Football Club.
- Conditioning Coach to Burswood Redbacks (State Basketball League 1998-1999)
- Coach – Mastercard Professional Handcycling Team (Broke 24 Hour World record in the Netherlands 462km - 2005).
- Coach to Professional Ironman athlete, Kate Bevilaqua (2002 – 2009)
- Coach to Triathlon Age Group Champions Matt Burton, Kelly McCombie, Ron Sammut, Marcel Weijers.
- Coach to Adventurer and Explorer Tom Smitheringale
- Coach to Adventurer and explorer Tom Clipston
- Coach to Ultra Distance Runner Darryl Watton
- Coach to Ultra Distance Runner Erica Rusbridge
- Coach to Ultra Distance Runner Kylie Bell (Williams)
Brad offers a personalised training service that specialises in assisting clients to develop and reach their goals so they can feel fantastic about their health and fitness. Having over 5 experience in the fitness and sports industry. Brad has played hockey at a state level and enjoyed many years of experience in soccer and golf. He also has 5 years experience in the golf industry where I was a club fitting specialist.
- Bachelor of Health and Science from Curtin University
- Certificate III & IV in Health and Fitness
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Postural analysis certification
- Personalisation of training and exercise
- Ensure proper form and technique while training
- Postural analysis to assess proper movement patterns
- Optimise your workout time and efficiency
- Safe and effective training to reach your goals
- Motivation to keep you focuses and on-track
- Improved flexibility and mobility